13 January 2013

Weekend project and carpentry skill

This weekend I tackled replacing the facia and sofitts on the house where the squirrel made herself at home.  I started by removing the fascia only to find that the header needed replacing as well.   I removed the soffits and I was then able to start replacing everything.  One of our friends came over and helped me nail boards in place.
  I bought 2 circular saws at a yard sale a while back.  I used them once and it tripped my current breaker.  I checked the wires and it looked like one of the wires was holding on by a thread.  I twisted the wires together (later I will solder and heat shrink tube them and use some splicing tape to make a sheath for the wires.) And bought new blade for it.  That thing works like a champ.
After all the boards were cut and nailed in place, I went inside for the night.  While watching a movie I detailed my circular saw and made some more repairs to it.
The next day I caulked and painted.  By the pictures you can see the color doesn't quite match but it is something to protect the wood.  Maybe I will repaint the trim for my next project.  Well that was my weekend.  Oh BTW, the squirrel is still up there we thought she had left but I heard her in there.  We are trying to trap her but I may end up having to put out kill traps instead.  Hope you enjoyed this post.  Comment if you feel so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment